New Graduate Student Orientation
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
This year's Orientation program will include:
- Welcome from Carol Genetti, Dean of the Graduate Division
- The opportunity to meet your fellow incoming grad students
- A discussion panel featuring experienced graduate students from a variety of disciplines
- Lunch provided by the Graduate Students Association and Orientation Programs
- A Campus Resource Fair with information about campus services including: Student Health, Recreation, Library, Graduate Students Association, Counseling and Psychological Services, Health and Wellness, Career Services, Funding Resources, Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Questions about Graduate Student Orientation? Please contact Robert Hamm.
If you have not already done so, join the 2015 New Graduate Students Facebook Group to connect with other new students and ask questions. We also encourage you to visit the GradSpace, an online community that features resources, activities, and events to help you become better acquainted with graduate life at UCSB. You will need your UCSB NetID and password to log in. To receive the latest graduate student news and information, make sure to subscribe to the GradPost and like us on Facebook.
You can find a recap of last year's New Graduate Student Orientation here.
Other Campus Orientations
CALI (Cultural Awareness, Laws, and Immigration) Training for international students
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Time: All day (precise times TBA)
Location: Corwin Pavilion
Registration and attendance is required for all new international graduate students.
English Language Placement Exam
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Time: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Campus-wide Orientation for New TAs and Readers
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Time: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Campbell Hall
Attendance is required of all first-time TAs and Readers with secured appointments at UCSB, even if duties will not begin until Winter or Spring Quarters.
Hosted by Instructional Development and Graduate Division
Check with your department for information about orientation sessions and other pre-quarter activities for new graduate students.
Questions? Please contact the Graduate Division at (805) 893-8994.